All passengers are allowed one free personal item and one free checked bag. Due to the weight and balance constraints on all aircraft flying to and from Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, our priority is to carry customer’s first bag and will guarantee that. We cannot guarantee transportation on the same flight for a second bag. Additional baggage may, however, be checked-in and accepted on a standby, space-available basis. You will be notified by Aleutian Airways about picking up standby baggage when it arrives.
|Number of Bags||FEE|
|Checked bag #1||FREE|
|Checked bag #2*||$40.00 each|
|Checked bag #3+||$100.00 each|
|Overweight Bag 51-100lbs||$100.00|
|Oversize Bag 63”-115”||$100.00|
|Pet in Cabin||$95.00|
|Pet In Cargo Hold*||$95.00|
|Bikes (Must be boxed)||$75.00|
These Items are not Allowed at any Time
Due to federal law and safety regulations, some items aren’t allowed on board your Aleutian Airways flight. Explore what items are restricted or completely prohibited during travel. Visit the TSA’s What Can I Bring, and/or the FAA’s Pack Safe, for the most current list of what can and cannot be transported on passenger aircraft.
- Aerosol products (such as cooking spray or anti-static spray)
- Bleach, drain cleaners or pesticides
- Fireworks or explosives
- Gunpowder like Pyrodex, black powder, mace and pepper spray or bear deterrent
- Torch or blue flame lighters and all lighter refills
- Fuels (like gasoline or Sterno cans)
- Paints, stains or lubricant
- “Strike-anywhere” matches
- Meals Ready to Eat (MREs)
- Hoverboards, balance gliders, self-balancing boards or motorized riding suitcases that use lithium or lithium-ion batteries
- Items with refrigerants including refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers or dehumidifiers
Seasonal Baggage Allowances and Restrictions
Special waivers, seasonal baggage allowances and embargoes may be placed, system-wide or made applicable to individual markets during season activities, special events, because of weather or as an Aleutian Airlines promotion.
Unalaska (Dutch Harbor) – January 1 to December 31: No more than 1 checked bag per person will be allowed from Anchorage to Unalaska (Dutch Harbor), from Unalaska (Dutch Harbor) to Anchorage, normal baggage allowances apply. Additional baggage may be checked and accepted on a standby, space-available basis. You will be notified by Aleutian Airlines to return to the airport to pick up standby baggage when it arrives.
Aleutian Airlines may check baggage through to your destination on most carriers. If travel includes one of Aleutian Airlines airline partners, you may be subject to additional checked baggage restrictions or charges. Please check with the operating carrier for more information regarding their baggage policies.
More information is available in our contract of carriage.